Through the Master of Arts with a focus in Christian Apologetics degree, students are prepared to articulate a Christian worldview reverently, with intelligence, confidence and compassion. The program fosters personal spiritual growth and maturity through guided study of the Scriptures and theology, mutual encouragement in the Christian life and intellectual rigor. Students will establish a foundation in theology, critical thinking, and perennial topics in apologetics, and will have access to a variety of new and innovative course offerings taught by our world class faculty.
Why Choose Christian Apologetics at Biola?
- World Leader in Christian Apologetics: Biola’s Christian apologetics program is widely recognized as one of the world’s foremost apologetics programs, boasting a fully accredited, 39-credit curriculum.
- Build a Strong Intellectual Framework: Gain insight and knowledge to confidently make the case for faith in Jesus Christ and correct misconceptions about Christianity.
- Flexible Distance and On-campus Learning: Pursue your degree with various online and on-campus learning opportunities, with classes that fit your busy schedule.
- Distinguished and Expert Faculty: Learn from scholars such as William Lane Craig, J.P. Moreland, Sean McDowell, Craig Hazen, Kevin Lewis, R. Scott Smith and others.
What Will I Study?
The Christian apologetics program is offered in both on-campus and distance learning formats. Here are a few key points about the program structure:
- On-campus classes are offered primarily in the evening or on weekends, to accommodate the working individual.
- 20 out of 39 credits are conducted in a hybrid model: these three-part classes include online coursework in the spring and fall, with condensed lectures on-campus in the summer.
- The remaining 19 credits include fully distance courses, where students participate in reading and online discussion forums with other students.
2 years or moreSTANDARD DURATION
This indicates the standard duration of this program. Completion time may vary by student depending on background and courseload.
39TOTAL PROGRAM CREDITS
Total program credits include a combination of major/concentration, Bible/theology and general education credits.
WSCUC / ATSACCREDITATION
Biola University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission. Additional accreditations may apply to specific programs.
Students who receive complete the Christian apologetics program are eligible to serve as:
- Church and ministry staff